My parents had no idea we were coming up so when we walked into my Dad's office at 10am two days before Thanksgiving, you can only image how shocked he was to see us. We had traveled all night in a horrible snow and ice storm and with lots of prayers and blessing, arrived safely at our destination. It was a stressful and tiring drive but more than worth it when we saw the look on my parents faces. After surprising my Dad, we all headed over to my mom's office. Boy was she thrilled! I must tell you that surprising my mom is not an easy task. She always catches onto some little hint or clue (I guess she's where I get it from) but this time I totally threw her off. I had called her a couple days prior to hitting the road to get a hint for exactly what their plans were for Thanksgiving. I gave her in depth details of our Thanksgiving and Christmas plans leaving her to fully expect that we were spending Thanksgiving in Utah.
(I only took pictures of everyone in their PJs on Thanksgiving so I will only embarrass one of us on the blog although this is hard to do with Preston's massive muscles and striking good looks. I love his morning hair although I think he fixed it before this picture was taken.)
This was without a doubt the best Thanksgiving I have ever had. The only thing I would have changed if I could was how long we stayed. I wish we could have stayed through the weekend but instead we had to head back the day after Thanksgiving. It would have been a lot more fun to have Bret with his family and Evan there as well. Hopefully next year we will be able to get the whole family together on Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's been a few years since we have been lucky enough to do that :(
We're looking forward to spending Christmas with Preston's family this year and most of all, Landon's last phone call home before he returns in February! YAY!
We are so blessed and grateful to have all of our friends and family in our lives. We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:
Post a Comment