Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A New Addition

We're Expecting!

Due: June 13, 2011
Current Week: 16th
Gender: We'll find out Jan 8th

After trying for several months, Preston and I finally have our very own peanut on the way!
We're hoping for a boy but I think it's a girl which we are just as excited about.
Names have been picked but will not be divulged until baby's birth day.


(Picture taken by my sister-in-law, Annie)

It's been difficult for us to keep our big news on the down-low for so long but this Christmas we finally spread the word to our family and friends. We told my parents during our visit to Washington for Thanksgiving. Here are a couple of pictures of the announcement we gave them. My parents are thrilled and needless to say, we spent Black Friday at Carter's and Children's Place.


Prestons family found out on Christmas day when Preston's youngest brother broke the news during his phone call home from his mission in Argentina. We wanted Landon to be a part of that moment and Preston felt that because Landon is always the last to hear any sort of news, it would be wonderful for him to be the first to know our exciting news. The family was gathered around the phone on speaker and as the call came to an end, Landon said to his mom, "momma, you better go through my closet and pick out some hand-me-downs just in case Preston and Kara have a boy", and the news was broken. Christmas was extra special for us this year :)

As for my pregnancy, things have been going very well. I haven't been too sick which I am so grateful for. I was queasy from weeks 7 to 10 and only had my head in the toilet once. We've heard the heart beat which was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had and we're looking forward to the ultrasound on January 8th.

I'm not showing yet but I'm expecting to see some slight changes in my figure over the next couple of weeks. I can't wait for my baby bump!

Week: 16 and two days
Cravings of the Week: tangerines and garlic bread


Oh, and a Merry Christmas from Duke!



3 comments:

Nikki & Drew said...

oh Kara, I'm so excited for you two!! If only we lived close, then our little boogers could be friends! or in love, if youre having a girl ;). Sad day that around the time your baby is born, we'll be on the rode to Kentucky!

but isn't not being sick while pregnant the best! I sure do feel bad for everyone that is sick!

Kelli Nicole said...

Congratulations!!

Adam and Bri said...

congrats! best thing you'll ever do. :)