Monday, January 24, 2011

OOOOhhh We're Half Way There ooooOOOO...

Yes, I'm singing Bon jovi! Today marks the half way point of my pregnancy. 20 weeks along and I can see my baby belly growing more and more everyday.

I can't believe Preston and I just found out 4 short months ago that we were expecting. Time has flown since then but it hasn't flown fast enough. We are both so anxious to hold our little guy. We have a lot to do to prepare for him so I guess it's a good thing we have more time.

I'm so lucky to have so many people in my life to prepare me for becoming a mother. A special shout out to Amanda Nilsson (my cousin-in-law) who is an amazing Douala and has studied and knows so much about parenting. She is an incredible mother and I'm so lucky to have her by my side to guide me during this exciting time in my life. My own mother and sister-in-laws have also been giving me wonderful, helpful advice that I can't wait to put into action. Preston and I are so blessed to have our family and friends. I couldn't ask for more loving and inspiring people in my life.

This week Peanut is supposed to be six and a half inches long from head to toe. That's the size of a cantaloupe! It doesn't look like something the size of a cantaloupe is in me. He's kicking ALL the time. I love not just feeling my tummy but watching it too. It looks so weird when he kicks! Peanut is also tasting the things I eat now which means I'm forcing myself, whenever I have the chance, to eat tomatoes. I HATE tomatoes but I really want my baby to like them.I haven't been experiencing any pain which is wonderful and I attribute that to my daily work out. Since I've drastically reduced the distance of running I do down to one mile, I've decided to run five days a week instead of just three. Okay, okay so I usually end up going only four days a week but I need to tell myself that I go five that way, hopefully one day, I might get up the stamina to actually do five. Preston has helped me with a little weight lifting as well. Doctors suggest not to start weightlifting during pregnancy but I've got to build a little muscle in these weak arms before my baby arrives. It's mild lifting and I don't feel like it's strenuous but I also feel like I'm getting a descent workout in my arms. It's great! I want to encourage all of those who are pregnant to do some form of exercise. From my own experience I don't think I would be feeling as great as I am without it. Hurray for staying healthy!

Week: 20!!
Cravings of the Week: Raspberry Lemonade

1 comment:

Ryan and Amanda said...

You are such a doll, Kara! Thanks for your kind words. I can't believe it's been 20 weeks already and I know that the rest of the 20 weeks will fly by. And, you are so amazing for running a mile 5 days a week! You go girl!