Monday, April 4, 2011

Unbelievable

Can you believe it because I can't.
Our garden area has been tilled!!

For the past couple of weeks we have been working hard to get our garden prepared for some growing. I weeded, Preston tilled and we put down clear plastic together to kill all the seeds from the weeds. It only takes a couple of weeks (some say days, others say weeks) to kill off everything but I think this year we're just going to leave the plastic down all season. I don't know if I can keep up with being a new mom, photography and learning how to garden all in one year. We're probably going to plant some tomatoes and squash on the end of the garden just so we can get some experience in before next year.

We are looking forward to having a garden!




Duke was so cute and did a great job at being a watch dog. I'm pretty sure he was afraid the tiller was going to attack Preston but thanks to Dukes impressive watching skills, Preston returned in alive and without injury at the end of the day.






Amongst all of our dead weeds, spring is found :)




FINAL RESULT

Before


After

No comments: